Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Got Wood?


Here is another fun swap I participated in for the Art Charms group. The theme was wood, so we had to make charms incorporating wood in some manner. The possibilities were endless - wooden beads, sticks, blocks, spools, shapes - you get the idea. I was poking around my local Ben Franklin store in the packaged wood items and found some cute, little spools. I decided to wrap them with wire and add beads as I wrapped. It was a challenge getting that springy wire to stay on the spools, but I finally came up with a system that worked. I was happy with the way these turned out.

3 comments:

Debi Devitt said...

I've always wondered what could be done with those old little wooden spools. That's cool, Francine!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely ADORABLE!!! so neat....I think I may have some of my mom's old wooden spools....do you mind if I borrow this idea?? thank you for stopping by my blog, so wonderful to have you. I was born and raised in Placerville, are you from anywhere near there?? (I hope you don't mind me asking)
Have a peaceful weekend!!
Rena

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Super fun! xo