Thursday, October 23, 2008

Step Out


The journey continues for our Yahoo Soul Journal group with the first prompt, Instant Gratification. Our instructions were to flip through catalogs or magazines and pull out any images that grabbed our attention. After selecting an image, we were to glue the image on the page leaving room at the top for a title. The next step was to trace around the image and draw lines following the contour. Using gel pens or markers, we were to write in the lines; finishing touches were then added. I loved this picture, because to me it represents freedom in my art; to be bold and courageous, to step out and create with no boundaries, not to be afraid to create for myself regardless of whether my art appeals to other people or not, and not to be affected by negative criticism.

No comments: