Friday, October 24, 2008

I Give Myself Permission To...



This prompt was designed to help us listen to our hearts. We may be so busy working, doing daily chores and taking care of others, that we neglect ourselves. It's important for us to make time for ourselves and create art. Our mission was to create a permission slip by writing permission statements enabling our creativity. A few of the permissions I gave myself were to create my own style, to dream, to have patience with myself, to disregard negative criticism, to try new things, to make mistakes, to pack away doubts, and to have no self-criticism. My permission slip is safely tucked away in the envelope until I need to refer to it again.

2 comments:

Shelby Scarlett said...

Hey Mom

Kathryn Costa said...

These are all wonderful permissions. I love the lady with the sign pointing to the slip. Very creative. Very fun.