Friday, May 28, 2010

Shabby Repurposed Journal

I heard about an online journal making class given by Mary Ann Moss, and after visiting her blog, I couldn't wait to sign up and get started. I love the idea of repurposing pages from old magazines, books, ledgers, receipts, security envies, leftover scrapbook paper, fabric, maps, and anything else that I can get my hands on. The possibilities are endless, and finding things to use for my pages is like going on a treasure hunt.

Here are pics of my first journal. I didn't make a sewn cover for this journal, but decided to use chipboard instead and covered it with scrapbook paper and then collaged. As you can see, the pages are sewn - very easy and fun. Since this journal is done in shabby style, sewing isn't precise, adding to the shabby look. For my next journal, I'll definitely be experimenting with a sewn cover.

I enjoy watching Mary Ann's many videos; she explains everything clearly each step of the way. I especially like that there are no time limits - I am able to work at my own pace. Included in the class are many printouts of journaling boxes and ephemera to use in the journals. I highly recommend this class.





1 comment:

Marilyn Harris Mills aka Maer said...

Nice pages Francine....very creative.